- Good wet-out, Easy to form, easy roll-out and air release.
- Uniform thickness, less fuzz.
- Good resistance to watering and chemical agents in anti-corrosion applications.
- Very high tensile strength, suitable for filament winding or continuous laminating.
- Smooth laminate surface, good laminate transparency
|Loss on Ignition||2%-9%|
|Binder Type||Powder or Emulsion|
Packing data sheet
E-glass chopped strand mat are wound onto a paper tube which has an inside diameter of 76mm, and the roll has diameter of 270mm. The roll is wrapped up with plastic film, and then packed in a cardboard box orwrapped up with kraft paper. The rolls are to be horizontally placed. For transportation the rolls can beloaded into a container directly or on pallets.
Packaging and loading method
Fiberglass composites offer excellent mechanical properties and dimensional stability. When compared to traditional materials, such as steel and concrete, glass fiber composites reduce weight and greater corrosion resistance, benefits which make them a practical choice for applications in bridge decks and overlays, port components, highway pavements, fences and railings and water and sewer pipes.
Glassfiber needs for automotive industry is growing rapidly with its composites feature including: parts consolidation, weight reduction versus steel, design freedom, high strength and toughness, corrosion resistance, abrasion and high temperature resistance. Low coefficient of thermal expansion, matching steel parts, enables efficient manufacturing process.
- Main applications include:
- Exterior body panels (fender, hoods, quarter panels and roof tops);
- Closures: Doors, deck lids and lift gates;
- Integrated Front Ends, Underbody shields and engine covers;
- Load floors, Pick-up boxes and tonneau covers;
- Instrument panels, door inserts and headliners;
- Electrical and electronic components.
Building and Construction
Glass fiber composites are well suited for applications in Building & Construction market. They deliver high strength, light weight, low flammability, durability and good acoustic and thermal insulation.
- Reinforced concrete
- Composite walls
- Insulation screens & decorative items,
- Baths and shower stalls
- Cooling tower components
- Wind power, as an alternative to burning fossil fuels, is plentiful, renewable, widely distributed, clean, produces no greenhouse gas emissions during operation, consumes no water, and uses little land.
- Wind blades and nacelles made by fiberglass composites offer flexible manufacturing, excellent durability and light weight.
Electrical and Electronics
Glassfiber composites in electrical &electronic markets are mainly applied in electrical housings,electrical parts and power distribution components with high dielectric strength, dimensional stability and corrosion resistance.
Used in Spray-up,hand lay-up, Vaccum infusion and vaccumbaging process, fiberglass deliivers light weighted, corrosion resistant and easy maintenanced composites benefiting boat hulls and decks used on marine,such as kayaks, canoes, luxurious yachts etc.
Oil and Chemical Industries
Glass fiber composites with excellent corrosion resistance and outstanding reinforcing ability are very important for the manufacture of piping, storage tanks, rails and gratings used in the Oil and Chemical Industries.